What better way to spend a Saturday in the fall than to take a drive to the country and take in a lively, colourful auction and go home with new treasures?
Plan to come to the Elmira Charity Quilt Auction! This year, the event is a special one as we mark the 40th anniversary of our very first quilt auction. Please join us.
What you can expect:
· Be amazed at the art and work in 100+ handmade quilts in every colour scheme and pattern
· Taste the region’s best homemade pies and baking, as well as preserves
· Bid on hundreds of items for home, garden and farm
· Take part in the extensive silent auction which offers something for everyone
· Buy new, locally-made solid wood furniture
· Pick up fresh, locally-grown produce
· Enjoy a hot lunch, as well as sweet and savoury treats
When: Saturday October 26th, 2013 From 9 a.m. – approximately 3 p.m.
Where: Riverdale Poultry, 6811 Church Street West Elmira
You’re welcome to join us the night before, too!
Friday October 25th, 6 – 8:30 p.m.
· Get a sneak preview of the quilts
· Pick up fresh baking
· Take part in the live auction of children’s items, such as toys, furniture and sports equipment
· Bring the kids and have them take part in activities such as pumpkin carving
· Have supper. Hot food and treats will be available
Elmira District Community Living supports individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities in so many ways; including facilitating their living independently, finding work in the community and keeping them growing and developing in every way. For more information, please visit www.elmiradcl.com or call 519 669 3205.
Invite a friend and experience the excitement. See you there!
If you’re unable to attend the Quilt Auction, but would like to support it…
You are welcome to make a donation, by cheque or online at www.canadahelps.org.
Please make your cheque payable to “EDCL” and forward it to:
Elmira District Community Living, 118 Barnswallow Drive, Elmira, ON N3B 2Y9
For more information contact: Diane Bauman-MacLachlan, (519) 669-3205 x 221